02 April 2007

Democrats Plan To Betray Troops By Cutting Funds

Yes. You read that correctly. Dirty Harry, while on spring break, said so today.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid said Monday he wants to cut off money for the Iraq war next year, making clear for the first time that Democrats are willing to pull out all the stops to end U.S. involvement.

Reid's new strategy faces an uphill battle because many of his colleagues see yanking funds as a dangerous last resort. The proposal increases the stakes on the debate and marks a new era for the Democratic leadership once reluctant to talk about Congress' power of the purse.

"In the face of the administration's stubborn unwillingness to change course, the Senate has no choice but to force a change of course," said Sen. John Kerry, D-Mass., who signed on Monday as a co-sponsor of Reid's proposal with Sen. Russ Feingold, D-Wis.
I do not think that I can put into words how absolutely infuriated I am right now. I am infuriated with the Republicans for being the moronic individuals who brought us to the results of the 2006 mid-term elections. I am infuriated with anyone who voted for any Democrat, cut-and-runner or not. I am infuriated that, after finishing my taxes this evening, I now know that Harry F***ING Reid, John F***ING Kerry, and Russ F***ING Feingold will be attempting to make sure that the additional money that I am stuck PAYING IN TO THE GENERAL F***ING FUND will go to some inane social project or whatever other touchy-feely politically-correct endeavor that they choose other than funding our men and women in uniform who are fighting the bad guys in the middle east.

I am upset. This is a knife in the back from the traitors on the political left. The only hope is that presidential hopefuls, like B. Hussein Obama, were quoted correctly and keep their word in regards to not wanting "to play chicken with our troops."

The only positive to any of this is that at least some of the D.E.M.O.C.R.A.T.I.C. (an acronym standing for Don't Even Mind Our Callous Ravagement Against the Troops In Combat) members of Congress were at least willing to finally say for the record where they stand regarding de-funding the troops and their mission.

In the fall of 2006, I attempted to tell people that this is where it would go. No, they said; We need new faces, new ideas and new attitudes in our government these days. No, they said; divided government is not only preferable, it is vital to our country's development, reputation and future.

I hate to say it, but I told you so. And to those of you pushed for this change in 2006, GO F***ING DIE.

USMC 9971 OUT

No comments: