21 November 2009

The Five Boxes

I'm sure that most people have heard this (or the mail-box-free Four Boxes version), but I believe that it bears repeating.

"There are five boxes to use in the defense of Liberty: The Soap Box, the Mail Box, the Ballot Box, the Jury Box, and the Ammunition Box. Please use them in that order."
I have used the soap box in the health care debate by writing on this blog and speaking to others about the monstrosities that are the House and Senate health care bills.

I have used the mail box in the health care debate to contact my senators. Since my senators are Klobuchar and Franken, though, I do not expect that they will represent my wishes in Washington, D.C.

I will use the ballot box next fall in an attempt to get some suitable representation at all levels of government.

The Senate will vote to open debate on the health care measure tonight. Contact your Senators and implore them to vote against opening debate. Let them know (as I did for Klobuchar) that if they aid the passage of the health care bill in any manner, you will actively work against them when they are next up for election, both in the primaries and, if necessary, in the general election.

I never want to need to use the last two boxes, so let's stop this health care fiasco before it begins and prevent the further erosion of our freedoms and liberties.

USMC 9971 OUT

No comments: