29 March 2008

Everything Is On

The TV, all the radios, all of the lights, and almost all other electronic devices are turned on in our house. I've also turned up the heat (since global warming isn't heating us). Why? Because some worthless greeny types have kicked off something called "Earth Hour."

On March 29, 2008 at 8 p.m., join millions of people around the world in making a statement about climate change by turning off your lights for Earth Hour, an event created by the World Wildlife Fund.
So why burn excess energy? Why not? If there are enough greenies out there turning off all of their power, then my energy use won't make a difference. More importantly, however, it's because I'm paying for this little anti-protest protest by my own choice.

See, all of the "environmental" laws that the greenies want to pass force the cost of their activism on the rest of us. When gas prices go up because we aren't drilling in or around our own nation, we pay for it. When energy prices go up because wind and solar requirements don't generate the same amount of energy as the sources that they have been mandated to replace, we pay for it. These worthless activists and their supporters take money from me and my family, and all the while their actions do little if anything to save the planet.

So, unlike the greenies, my protest is only costing me money. And it is done by my own choice.

They, on the other hand, force the cost of their own unsubstantiated feel-good policies on the rest of us.

Turn on a few lights. It won't kill the planet, but it will upset a greeny.

USMC 9971 OUT

2 comments:

Joan of Argghh! said...

Heh. Made me think of that country song, "Every Light in the House Is On".

:o)

USMC 9971 said...

Trace Adkins is one of my favorites!

That song actually reminds me of a short film that I saw when my wife was converting to Catholicism. [TANGENT ALERT]

The film was about a kid who took off from home a few years earlier, had hit rock bottom, and decided to call home. The problem was, though, that he only got his parents' answering machine. He left a message that he would like to come home, but since they couldn't call him back, that they should leave the front light on to let him know that he was welcome back. This is explained in the film through dialog with a man who had picked the kid up while hitchhiking.

Long story short, the kid doesn't want to look when the man drives him past the house, but the man stops the car and tells him to look when they pull up in front of his parents' home. The place is lit up like a Christmas tree.

Thanks for the fond memory, Joan! And thanks for stopping in to check out the blog some more!